On occasion, it's nice to know that people like you. It's nice to know that people like having you around and that you are a welcome addition to a social gathering. It's just nice to feel liked and wanted.
For me, it's not always apparent if people like me or not. I've always considered myself as an average person. Someone who doesn't stand out and yet doesn't stand out enough. I even consider myself sometimes as a bit of an outscast or misfit because of my sometimes awkward and dry social skills in the presence of strangers or people I highly respect.
I'm not a man whom you would call the life of the party. But I don't mind being there.
I'm not a man whom you would call a social butterfly. But I'm always listening.
I'm not a man whom you would call extremely funny. But I'm known for witty remarks.
I'm not a man whom you would call super intelligent. But I'm not an idiot.
I'm not a man whom you would call full of character, but I'm not dull.
I'm not a man whom you would know everything about. But I try to be open.
It's nice to know that people want to be around me despite all my faults. It's nice to know that people like me for my personality, and not because they need something from me.
Even if it seems apparent that people like you, it's always nice to just hear it or know it in your heart. It's a simple need that we as humans strive for.
I'm glad I know the people that I do. They always have the capability beyond your own will (no matter how you might try) to salvage a bad day into a much better one.
1 comment:
Oh, J-Dub...even though you told me that I must have too much testosterone in my system, I still adore you. :) And yes, you'll never live that one down.
Post a Comment