[Not Really] Sorry.


Sunday, January 13, 2013

Teaching

Lately, I've been having EMT students follow me at work. It's mildly rewarding at best. Mostly, it's not rewarding at all. For the most part, they are naive high school kids who think they own the world already. It makes me wonder if I was that arrogant when I was that young. I find myself becoming extremely irritated just dealing with them. But I've been debating why I've been so irritated. Is it because these are young kids who act with so much hope and dreams that I'm just mad that they aren't as burned out as me? That reality hasn't burned them out? Or are they really that irritating? Are they really that arrogant and reckless and I'm that old now and that sort of thing irritates me now? It might be a combination of all of the above. I hope I wasn't that bad and I can just blame it on this generation being raised inferior to my generation (my generation is still horrible and shitty, but not as bad as today's. I think I can safely assume the generation before mine has already labeled my generation as inferior and shitty )

Of course, making the assumption that the succeeding generations are inferior in character automatically makes me a grandpa. I guess I have no choice but to just embrace my grouchy old man ways. They seem like they are here to stay.

No comments: